Saturday 5 September 2009

The Blue Elephant

This movie is based on "Chao Praya Prab Hongsawadee" by Ariya Jintapanichkarn. Its first show was a Thai animation movie: Khan Kluay (banana stalk in Thai). Then it was released in India as Jumbo and The Blue Elephant in The United States (as dvd). It got a TV-animated series as well as "The Adventure of Khan Kluay"which was broadcasted on BBTV Channel 7. It is amazing that an Asian Elephant charachter 'Khan Kluay' was publizised worldwide in an adventure-bravery-heroic story.

A cute elephant character has been colouring my childhood. This character called 'Bona Si Gajah Kecil Berbelalai Panjang' (English: Bona The Little Elephant with Long Trunk) forced me to abandon pages to pages of Bobo Magazine just to see my cute Bona story at the back cover. This little Dian was so adoring this character creator/author who always writes the complete name 'Bona Si Gajah Kecil Berbelalai Panjang'. Bona was inspiring me with his heroic and generous attitudes that made kids.. me.. love him. Bona impressed little Dian for not being frightened of a giant elephant with his giant-long nose. Also, the author impressively delivered messages to kids that these giant creatures have wonderful kindly hearts. These Asian-African animals needs to be loved.. to be protected in their habitats. Throughout my adulthood I have been trying to find a close image of this little cute Bona. I could not find in 'Horton Hears A Who' movie.. sorry the elephant Horton here isn't cute for me. Then when I saw Khan Kluay.. I found my 'pink' Bona in him.. Khan 'blue' Kluay.

No comments: